Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Best Stand Mixer for a New Cook

The best stand mixer for a new cook is one that is simple to use with basic speeds.  It does not need to have lots of extra attachments or numerous functions like a professional stand mixer.  A new cook may be a young newlywed or even a pre-teen learning to cook for the first time.  I learned to bake and cook using a classic Sunbeam MixMaster Stand Mixer.

I remember my mother's Sunbeam stand mixer very well.  It was a sturdy mixer with 2 glass mixing bowls.  A small one for icings, eggs, and other small mixes while the large 4 quart bowl was used for everything else.  It had all the necessary speeds such as fold, knead, mix, stir, beat, whip, cream and blend.

Our Sunbeam Stand Mixer only came with the standard beaters, but today they have improved this by including a dough hook and wire whip to the mixer when you buy it.  I would have loved having those extra tools when I was a teenage using our stand mixer.  I had to mix everything with the same basic beaters.

This Sunbeam Stand Mixer lasted for many years.  I took it with me when I was first married and used it for several years more.  I made lots of Lemon Meringue Pies with beaten egg whites since that was my dad's favorite pie and this sturdy stand mixer never let me down on whipping nice stiff egg whites for meringue.

I would recommend this basic Sunbeam Stand Mixer as a gift for anyone who is learning to bake and cook or as a gift for a newlywed couple.  It will last them many years of wonderful baking.

Click here to learn more about the Sunbeam 2371 MixMaster Stand Mixer featured on Amazon.com

1 comment:

  1. Bought my mixer from Amazon and thank God I did. The reviews helped make my choice much easier and it paid off. Here is a list of the best mixers with the best reviews on Amazon: http://amzn.to/16mlTv6 - Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete