1. My family has been making homemade pork sausage for years. It is part of our tradition to grind up pork, season it, stuff into casings and save for the holidays. My grandfather and grandmother would grind the meat in a hand grinder, but today I use my KitchenAid stand mixer to grind the meat quickly and easily. It also comes with a tool to stuff the ground meat into the casings. You can't beat that! This food grinder attachment is useful when wanting to grind other foods too.
2. I love fresh juice and when our large juice stopped working, I bought the juicer attachment for the kitchen aid. We even juice fresh apples during the fall when apples are abundant.
3. If you have children at home or grandkids like I do, then the ice cream maker attachment is a must. The KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker comes with a basic recipe to make homemade ice cream or use your favorite recipe too. When the kids come over in the summer, we make some ice cream and let it chill in the freezer for a while. They get a kick out of making their own ice cream. With the price of ice cream today, this is a inexpensive way to go.
4. Lately, we have been watching our diet and eating more vegetables than ever before. The slicer and shredder attachment turns the mixer into a food processor or mandoline tool. When wanting to slice up a large amount of cucumbers or shred cabbage for cole slow, using this attachment sure makes the job quicker than cutting or chopping by hand.
5. Last but not least, I really recommend adding the pouring shield with wide chute to your baking and cooking needs. This attachment really helps keep ingredients such as eggs from splashing out of the bowl when adding them for a baking recipe. The chute attachs to the bowl and helps with pouring too.
If you cannot buy all these attachments at one time for your KitchenAid Stand Mixer, buy one at a time until you have the ones you need. Or put them on your wish list for someone to buy you as a gift!