Sunday, July 15, 2012

Compare a Breville Stand Mixer to the KitchenAid Professional?

When my classic KitchenAid Stand Mixer was needing to be replaced, I researched several professional quality stand mixers that were within my budget I had allowed for a new mixer.  I needed a good stand mixer that would withstand many minutes of mixing heavy bread dough.  I looked at the Breville 5- Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer, KitchenAid 600 Professional Mixer and the Cuisinart 12 Speed Stand Mixer that I will discuss later.  I had narrowed it down to the Breville and KitchenAid stand mixers using the pros and cons list for each one.  Here is what I found about each one:

The pros for choosing the Breville 5- Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer include:



  • A die-cast mixer body
  • Planetary mixing action (unique)
  • 12 speeds with LED electronic control
  • 10 minute timer with auto shut off
  • Lift asssist mixer head
  • Only 22 pounds
  • Retractable cord for storage
  • Just under $300 with free shipping online


  • The cons to consider before buying a Breville mixer include:


  • Only a 5 quart mixing bowl
  • Only 550 watts of power
  • Only accessories include a scraper beater
  • Includes a splash guard but no pour spout
  • No mention of warranty on motor or mixer


  • Now the pros for considering the KitchenAid Professional 600 Series Stand Mixer include:



  • A 6 quart stainless mixing bowl
  • All metal construction of mixer
  • Has bowl lift feature
  • 12 speed electronic control with Soft Start to minimize splatter
  • Accessories include wire whip, flat beater, metal spiral dough hook and pour shield
  • Has selection of colors to match kitchen decor


  • Some cons to think about before making a purchase of a KitchenAid 600 Professional Stand Mixer:


  • Does not have the Planetary Mixing Action
  • Does Not come with a timer
  • 575 watt motor has auto shut off when motor gets hot; can be in the middle of mixing
  • No retractable cord
  • Cost is over $300, but has free shipping also online


  • As good as the Breville Die-Cast Mixer looks, I went with the KitchenAid Professional 600 Series Stand Mixer to replace my classic KitchenAid Mixer.  Since KitchenAid has so many attachments available for their stand mixers, I wanted the option of adding these items later on.  The savings for buying the Breville Stand Mixer would only be approximately $25.

    5 comments:

    1. Hi Nancy thanks for the stand mixer comparison I think Breville is nice design and affordable value stand mixer meanwhile KitchenAid is pretty useful and powerful. It always makes my cooking so much easier and enjoy it so much Home Kitchen Stand Mixer Reviews Exclusive Versatile Stand Mixer

      ReplyDelete
    2. When my classic KitchenAid Stand Mixer was needing to be replaced, I researched several professional quality stand mixers that were within ... standbreville.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. great review ..and lot of thanks for your great information about kitchen
      aid mixer product.

      ReplyDelete
    4. The stand mixer has great utility through reading your posts.
      Thank you for giving me more information.
      check here

      ReplyDelete