Friday, July 13, 2012

My Top 10 Stand Mixers

Since this blog is called Top 10 Stand Mixers, I think I should share with you my favorite 10 stand mixers.  These stand mixers are the best rated by consumers, chefs and home cooks like yourself.  I do not own all of these stand mixer that I am going to mention here, but I sure have used quite a few of them in my life.  I have been baking and cooking since a teen.  I have owned a restaurant and working in a commercial kitchen with both environments allowing me to use a professional stand mixer. 

Here is my list:


1. The Sunbeam MixMaster Stand Mixer has been around for decades. It is a reasonable but powerful stand mixer.  I learned to bake using a stand mixer by Sunbeam.  I remember as a little girl seeing this classic black and white stand mixer in both my grandmothers and my aunts' kitchens.  It was the stand mixer to own.  Today it still is a great mixer and a great mixer for a new cook to start out with.


2. The Westinghouse Stainless Steel Stand Mixer is a surprisingly wonderful choice in a stand mixer.  I have not owned this particular stand mixer, but would put it on my wish list just because of the positive reviews by cooks such as myself.  It looks a little different than the other traditional stand mixers.  It operates using a feature called a planetary mixing action which allows the beaters to scrape the sides as they mix.  Plus the 450 watt motor and 1 year limited warranty makes this mixer a great buy for the price which is hundreds less than a KitchenAid.


3. The KitchenAid Classic 250-Watt Stand Mixer is one of the best selling stand mixers that I have seen up to this point. This is the KitchenAid stand mixer that I bought my son while he was in college studying culinary arts.  His homework was just a little different than other college students.  This KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer came with just enough attachments, a easy to follow instruction booklet and 1 year warranty that helped me make my decision on this model for him.  Almost 10 years after college, this stand mixer is still going strong.


4. The KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixers is one of KitchenAid's most popular stand mixer. I think it is because of the large mixing bowl, attachments available to add on and all the pretty colors to choose from.  There is a color to match any kitchen decor.


5. The Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer has a full 3 year warranty which means that Hamilton Beach really stands behind it's products.  The 400 watt motor and 12 speeds make this a mixer to compete against the others.  Then when you see the price, you will be amazed at how much of a mixer you get for a reasonable price.


6. The Cuisinart 5-1/2-Quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer is the closest thing you can find to a professional level stand mixer.  Just the name Cuisinart alone is one you can trust.  Cuisinart offers a 3 year warranty on its stand mixer with a 5 year warranty on its 800 watt motor.  If you are a serious baker who makes heavy doughs consistantly, than this is the stand mixer that you would want to consider.


7. The Breville 5- Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer is build for the home baker who wants professional results.  The 550 watt motor is very powerful and it comes with the planetary mixing motion like the Westinghouse mixer.  This Breville stand mixer does cost a bit more than the Westinghouse stand mixer but it is quite a bit more powerful.  If you like to make your own bread, then I would highly recommend this mixer since it will hold up under years of bread baking.


8. The Viking Professional 7 -quart Stand Mixer is made by a company who makes ranges and stoves.  You know this is a good product.  This is the professional stand mixer that I use in my commercial kitchen at my adult retirement community.  When we bake cakes, we bake for 400 residents at one time!  The 1000 watt motor doesn't even strain with so much use.  A great mixer for large mixing projects.


9. The Delfino Die Cast Pro Stand Duo Mixer has twin motors which means one motor drives the beaters in opposite directions while the other one rotates the bowl.  It is a smaller, compact stand mixer which is a good choice for someone with limited storage space in their kitchen. 


10. The Wolfgang Puck Hand/Stand Mixer is number 10 on my list because if Wolfgang Puck endorses this little stand mixer, than I want to share it with you.  It actually doubles as a hand mixer which can be handy for small mixing jobs.  It is also compact to store away with ease.  The best part is that it is less than one hundred dollars which is good for those cooks on a budget.



Breville 5-Quart Die-Cast Stand Mixer

2 comments:

  1. Nice list of 10 cool stand mixer I enjoy the post so much and the selection is affordable family value Best Stand Mixer Reviews Top Rated Versatile Stand Mixer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top 10 Stand Mixers that's fantastic. This kitchen mixers are really great. There are some type of mixers all of them are good quality. But I like KitchenAID KSM150PSAQ Artisan Best Kitchen Stand Mixers. Because I have this mixer and I am using this for many time. It always helps me specially when I stuck in works. This mixers are really easy to use. You should also try the Best stand mixer
    .

    ReplyDelete